It seems that every elected politician in California can’t bend over backwards far enough to protect the rights of illegal aliens — even the criminal ones. From Jerry Brown to Kamala Harris to the Oakland Mayor, politicians are putting the lives of law abiding citizens in jeopardy by refusing to deport work with ICE and deport dangerous criminals.
Fox News host Laura Ingraham tackled the subject on her show the other night, just to show how bad things really are:
California AG Becerra and Governor Moon Beam Brown are living in an alternative universe. They deny that they even have sanctuary laws in place. Yet, here’s what their new statutes stipulate. In violation of federal statutes, local officials cannot tell the feds when illegals in custody are about to be released.
And they are banned under this law from transferring criminal immigrants to federal officials. Now, we are talking about undocumented criminals here. And the state of California is also so concerned about the welfare of the illegal immigrants, that they imposed a state-run inspection of immigrants detained by the federal government.
So, basically, they are trying to regulate federal immigration detention and, perhaps most outrageously, one California law now requires private business owners to — they can’t voluntarily cooperate with ICE agents. Now, in fact, they have to notify illegal employees before any workplace inspections take place or those private business owners face heavy fines.
Yep… if you help out the feds, you’re committing a crime. There’s no word on whether or not they’re calling this the “snitches get stitches” law, but it basically amounts to the same type of intimidation.
With every politician locking arms to go fight the fight and go down this road of putting immigrants first, you’d think that all of these sanctuary cities would be immensely popular the in the Golden State, but alas, that’s not the case.
From Cal Coast News:
Californians are overwhelmingly opposed to sanctuary city immigration policies, according to a poll commissioned by UC Berkeley Institute for Governmental Studies (IGS).
Of those polled, 74 percent said local authorities should not be allowed to ignore federal detainer requests. The other 26 percent supported the sanctuary city policy of preventing local police and sheriff’s officials from honoring immigration holds.
The poll results indicate Californians across the political spectrum and among all major ethnic groups oppose sanctuary city policies. The policy of ignoring federal detainer requests was opposed by 73 percent of Democrats, 82 percent of Republicans and 71 percent of independents, according to UC Berkley.
Additionally, 65 percent of Latinos, 75 percent of Asian and African Americans and 80 percent of whites opposed sanctuary city policies.
“We found very broad-based opposition to the idea of sanctuary cities,” said Jack Citrin, the director of IGS and a UC Berkeley political science professor who has studies immigration for years. “Californians want their local officials to abide by the requests of federal authorities.”
President Trump visits California this week, so it will be interesting to see which crowd shows up to greet him… the “resistance” or the forgotten people who are tired of Democratic policies making a hell hole of their state.
Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.